Jump to section
Americans of all ages are experiencing unprecedented levels of stress, anxiety, and depression. Meanwhile, health plans face mounting challenges around access, quality, and cost of care—leaving little time to understand the clinical and financial outcomes that care provides.
On October of 2021, Moda Health saw a growing need for behavioral health solutions that would serve their member population with fast access to care when they needed it. They wanted to expand members’ access to providers using recognized best practices—in particular, outcome-informed care, which helps patients get better faster, with fewer treatment failures.
Providing access, quality, and outcomes across the continuum of care
Moda Health had three key goals for its partnership with Spring Health:
- Improve member access to outpatient care: Match members with a provider who meets their unique needs and wants, shortening the time to their first appointment.
- Provide high quality of care: Expand members’ access to measurement-based care, providing better clinical outcomes and greater visibility for the plan through tracking and reporting.
- Lower cost of care: Optimize care pathways to deliver effective care that drives strong return on investment and better, faster outcomes for members.
The Spring Health partnership gives Moda members access to a full-spectrum suite of high-quality behavioral health services with dedicated program support for the Moda Health team.
Moda members get care fast
- 1.4 days: Moda members wait an average to next available therapy appointment
- 1.7 days: To next available medication management appointment
- 1.9 days: To next available pediatric therapy appointment
- 3.2 days: For the next available in-person therapy or medication management appointment
Moda Health members get better, faster
- 75%: Improvement among members with elevated depression symptoms that engaged in clinical care
- 4.1: Average number of sessions for members experiencing depression symptom improvement
- 9.3/10: Therapeutic alliance among members with elevated symptoms that engaged in clinical care.1
1 Moda Health business review, 2023
My provider is exceptional and provides a warm, engaging space for doing the work. She has a remarkable amount of relevant knowledge and expertise in the field overall, as well as in relation to concepts and topics we’re discussing and exploring. I’m grateful to have her as a resource and a therapist.
Enrolled Moda Health Member
About Moda Health
Driven by the idea that there is always a better way to deliver care, Moda Health is dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of people in all communities. Our health plans are designed to support our clients’ employee population, giving them access to the tools and resources that help them to get the most out of their medical benefits and pharmaceutical care.