Jump to section
The tech industry is facing significant mentalhealth challenges related to burnout, a phenomenonresulting from chronic workplace stress that hasn’tbeen successfully managed. Exhaustion, selfinefficacy, cynicism, and depersonalization arethe key indicators to watch for.
The State of Burnout in Tech 2022 shows that:
- 46% of female employees are reporting high stress compared to 38.2% of males
- 2 in 5 workers show a high risk of burnout
EAPs are often underutilized at tech companies, due to perceived stigma around mental health or a lack of awareness around available support.
Left unaddressed, burnout can lead to increased turnover, reduced productivity, and absenteeism. It can also be a precursor to a myriad of stress-related illnesses, including cardiovascular disease, weakened immunity, and chronic fatigue. Mentally, it can cause depression, anxiety, and cognitive difficulties, like impaired attention and memory.To address these issues, forward-thinking tech companies are implementing proven, personalized employee mental health solutions
I’ve experienced a lot of loss within a short amount of time coupled with the competitive nature of my job and ever-changing world dynamics. Spring Health is helping me resolve my inner traumas, work through grief, and recenter myself so I can show up every day without fear, anxiety, or worry.
Enrolled employee from Microsoft
Spring Health's innovative platform offers fast access to a diverse network of providers, personalized care plans, and support from licensed clinicians. Our clinically-validated technology ensures employees receive the most effective treatment, while employers gain key insights into their ROI through in-depth reports.
Employees can choose the right provider from our diverse network, view availability in real-time, and schedule their first appointment in less than two days, all directly from the Spring Health platform.
Every employee receives unlimited access to a Spring Health Care Navigator. These master’s level, licensed clinicians provide one-on-one guidance and support, care recommendations, and referrals.
Spring Health’s proprietary reporting provides clear, comprehensive insights into how enrolled employees are doing. This allows employers to better understand the ROI of their Spring Health benefit and its impact on their employees.
We can also provide segmented reporting—by location, job role, tenure, or other characteristics relevant to your workforce—to find populations that may have unique needs and require a greater level of attention.
- Each enrolled employee receives a personalized care plan that may include digital wellness exercises, coaching, therapy, medication, or a combination.
- We use clinically-validated technology, called Precision Mental Healthcare, to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each employee, speeding recovery time by up to eight weeks.
- Regular communication via email with enrollment reminders, manager training, webinars, and healing sessions are proven to drive engagement for technology employees.
- We deliver targeted resources on relevant topics for our technology customers’ unique populations, such as managing stress for working parents, and reducing burnout from a hybrid work schedule.
- Monthly Awareness Campaign toolkits focus on topics that are top of mind for your employees, and include free webinars, healing sessions, banners, and shareable messaging. This makes it easy to disseminate information across your organization with no printing or heavy lifting.
- We also offer on-site programs with custom workflows for manager consultations, critical incident support, and escalations.
Spring Health's Precision Mental Healthcare helps tech companies worldwide enhance employee mental health, reduce burnout, increase engagement, and decrease turnover. Our innovative platform delivers improved clinical outcomes for employees andpositive financial outcomes for employers. Among the results:*
- 23.5% total enrollment
- 50% of members improved their depression symptoms in less than 5 sessions
- 57% of members improve their anxiety symptoms in less than 5 sessions
- 61% of members improve their overall functionality
- 72% of members with multiple therapy appointments stay with the same therapist
- 2.1 hours of lost productivity is recovered each week, per member on average
*Based on averages across our retail book of business
I've dealt with depression and anxiety for most of my life. My Spring Health therapist has helped me navigate these issues and process them. I’ve been hospitalized for my mental health before and my therapist has helped prevent that from happening again. I am so grateful to have found someone that I can talk to
Enrolled employee from Fortive